Local Authority SEND Consultation
Around one in six children (16%) and young people in County Durham have
special educational needs or a disability (SEND) and some young people
need extra support to stay in education. At our schools the percentage of children with SEND is much higher than this (22-34%) and we receive very little additional funding from the Local Authority.
Due to funding pressures, the Local Authority currently spend 15% more on services for
SEND and inclusion than they have available.
Working with children and young people, parents and carers, the Local Authority want to
ensure we provide the right support, at the right time, in the right place,
based on the money they have available.
Have your say by taking part in the consultation at:
The deadline for comments is 5.00pm on 17 October 2019.
Further information can be found here: CYPS SEND Consultation
Links for parents
- Durham County Council home page
- DCC School Admissions Information
- Ont point
- Ready To Learn Every Day – Tips to Support Your Child
- The Expert Parents’ guide to Childhood Anxiety
- AR Bookfinder UK
- AR Hosted Site OLQM
- Accelerated Reader Home Connect STJ
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- SEND Pathfinder
- Achievement for All
- (GOV.uk) Supporting Pupils at School with Medical Conditions
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- County Durham Families Information Service
Links for Pupils
- BBC Bitesize
- BBC CBeebies
- BBC Schools
- BBC cbbc home page
- BBC Alphablocks
- BBC Numberblocks
- Teach Your Monster To Read
- ParentZone – The experts in digital family life
- Parentinfo (from CEOP and the Parent Zone)
- Kids Smart
- Think U Know
- Hector’s World
Durham Music Services
Durham Music Services aim to inspire young people in our communities to enjoy music throughout their lives. They provide a wide range of high quality musical educational opportunities aiming for the highest standards. Visit the Durham Music Services website for further information.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader to view our PDF documents on our website.