Required for September 2021
based at Our Lady Queen of Martyrs
Salary: M1 – M6 (dependent on experience)
Governors seek to appoint a talented and enthusiastic Class Teacher, who is preferably a practising Roman Catholic, at this caring, popular and successful faith school at the heart of the community.
We offer you:
- A good school with a very positive ethos and a rich and exciting curriculum
- A school which judged to be outstanding by the Diocese
- Well behaved and happy children who are eager to learn
- A talented, welcoming and hard-working staff team
- A supportive and committed Governing Body
- Strong Community & Parish links
The successful candidate will:
- Be an enthusiastic and motivated practitioner with high expectations of themselves and for our children
- Be willing to join our staff team to further improve outcomes for our children and participate fully in the life of our vibrant school
- Have an understanding of the needs of SEND children across our nurturing and inclusive school
- Be able to work with parents to provide the very best support for all our children
- Be open to flexible and collaborative working in our developing Federation of schools
- Have a positive outlook and, very importantly, a good sense of humour
Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Catholic Primary School is part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of 5 secondary schools and 22 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese. The Trust will expand to 30 schools by the end of 2021 and reach a total of 48 schools by 2022.
How to apply:
Visits to the school are very welcome and can be arranged by contacting the school on 0191 3734343. Application forms are available in the ‘Key Information’ section of the school website under ‘Job Vacancies’. These are to be returned, via email, FAO Mrs Louise Keenan, Head Teacher, to email@example.com
Only applications received on the CES application form will be considered for shortlisting. Please complete all forms and submit via email, with the exception of the Rehabilitation of Offenders form which must be brought along with you, in a sealed envelope, if you are shortlisted for interview.
Closing date: Thursday 3rd June – 12 noon
Shortlisting: Monday 7th June
Interview: To be arranged week beginning Monday 7th June
The Trust Board and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we wish to ensure you are aware of the purpose for which we are requesting your consent to collect and process the data we have asked you to provide on this application form. For further information on the data we collect and the reasons for this, please refer to the ‘Note for Applicants’ documents.
Applicants are not required to complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, however, if they do, they will be helping the school to fulfil its obligation under the Equality Act 2010. The Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form will be used purely for monitoring and statistical purposes and will not form any part of the application or the recruitment process. The persons involved in the recruitment process will not have sight of the completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
THE POST IS NOT OPEN TO JOB SHARE